The WISE Cleveland Scholarship Program provides scholarships to women of Northeast Ohio who are graduating high school seniors or current college students with an intended course study in sports management and/or events.
If you are –or know – a current female resident of the Greater Cleveland Metropolitan Area with career aspirations in events, sports management or related fields, WISE Cleveland encourages you to participate in our scholarship application process
- Requirements include:
To be eligible, you must:
- Be a female resident of Cuyahoga, Lake, Geauga, Medina, Lorain, Summit or Portage Counties
- Be pursuing post-secondary education towards a 4-year degree with career aspirations in events or sports, and:
*Accepted at a college or university as a freshman or upperclassman for the 2016-2017 school year
*With a minimum 2.75 grade point average on a 4.0 grade scale
- Have shown a history of participation in event planning/execution, sports management or sports/event volunteerism, including with sports teams or sports events, or participation in the business of sports or athletics such as coaching, team management. This award is not given based on athletic skill or achievement.
The application process takes a few simple steps:
- Fill out the application.
- At applicant’s option, an activities resume and any other information the applicant wishes to provide.
- High school or college transcript
- An essay. On a separate sheet, write a brief (one page, type-written, double-spaced) essay, commenting on your prior events or sports history and your future goals and why you decided to pursue studies in a field related to the business of sports or events.
- One letter of recommendation, submitted by a person of your choosing (who is not a relative) who is familiar with your history, plans, capabilities and character.
- For high school seniors, a letter of acceptance from the college/university selected or registration information establishing current/future attendance in the freshman year for the 2016-2017 school year (this requirement may be fulfilled after the application deadline for students who have not then received acceptances).
PLEASE NOTE: If you are a high school senior, WISE Cleveland asks that you include a copy of your collegiate acceptance letter