JOB TITLE: Volunteer Manager
RELATIONSHIP: Reports to the Director of Guest Experience
GENERAL DESCRIPTION: Full-time, Salaried, Exempt Position. Schedule determined in collaboration with Director of Guest Experience on a month to month basis.
- Represent Playhouse Square in a professional manner at all times. Work with the part time staff, Volunteers, House Managers and Front of House Manager to insure the Guest Experience is managed efficiently and effectively according to established
- Recruit potential volunteers to Playhouse Square. Develop strategies to increase the volunteer base. Orientation of new volunteers in cooperation with Front of House.
- Oversee the volunteer scheduling for all performances to insure adequate staffing.
- Maintain accurate records of volunteer recruitment, intake, orientation, training, placement and performance and identify inactive volunteers.
- Develop and implement effective training programs for new volunteers and on-going in-service training as needed. Update Volunteer training materials as needed.
- Plan, develop and implement new volunteer programs and/or assignments. Communicate to volunteers via a yearly satisfaction survey.
- Develop and implement volunteer recognition programs. Oversee annual records distribution of volunteer certificates.
- Publish Weekly Update, monthly newsletter and six week schedule to all volunteers in a timely manner. Develop social media strategies to engage volunteers.
- Minimum of five years management experience, preferably in theatre or non-profit.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Outgoing, people oriented person, with outstanding interpersonal skills. Ability to speak in front of large audiences and possess good presentation skills.
- Self-motivated with strong organizational skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
How to Apply:
Mail: Human Resources Department 1501 Euclid Avenue, Suite 200 Cleveland, OH 44115
Fax: (216) 771-0217
Please submit your cover letter, resume and salary requirements.